Thursday, October 23, 2008

Solve this problem, oh, it's only half complete.

Algebra is one of the most irritating forms of math that for the most part none of us will be able to use practically in our every day life. I don't even see how I could use it any day of my life. Now, before I go and outright declare it's useless let me put one example on where you can actually use it.

If you're going on a trip with 3 friends and you're traveling 50 miles in a car that gets 24 mpg you can use an algebraic equation to figure out the money needed from each person so you each spend the same amount and it comes out to be a fair cost for all involved. Gas is 3 dollars a gallon, you have three friends, and you're using 2 gallons of gas. I'm not gonna do the equation but you get the point.

Besides this one type of basic equation every other part of algebra is just complete and utter useless nonsense.

No comments: