Monday, October 6, 2008

Nobody has a life as awful as mine!


What is the deal with emo kids? Honestly, why is it that they all project this idea of their life being so horrible, even though it's clearly not? Most emo kids express this feeling of despair by using money that their parents gave them to purchase a multitude of 18 dollar t-shirts at Hot Topic that show how dark they feel on the inside. Usually all they wear is black, and their pants are extremely baggy that often have chains hanging from them in some fashion. One reason they do this is to be non-conformist, by conforming to a group full of people doing exactly what they are. If that's not a paradox I don't know what is. Some of their lives are so bad that they even have their friends help them use hundreds of dollars worth of musical instruments to record songs about it. They also see expensive concerts which they get to by driving their parent's car so they can pay for the show with their parent's money. Oh, they write pathetic emo poems too, here's one I wrote in like 2 seconds.

My life is awful, wish I were dead,
Escape the darkness in my head,
Torrents of pain swirling around,
Drop to my knees alone on the ground.

The heart wrenching thoughts that run through my mind,
Black hole for my heart and my spirit defined,
A messenger of death yea the death of my soul,
I'll never be free from its life taking toll.

The hatred that boils just under my skin,
Society calling all my actions a sin,
When will it all end, where did it begin,
I'm feeling my life here is now wearing thin.

Totally queer right?

This Posts Message: Emo kids are obviously taken care of by people who more likely than not love them, so they have no reason to act like depressed sad-sacks.

Side Note: Why do they wear army boots if they're supposed to be anti-establishment and against being mainstream?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emo kids project this idea of their life being so horrible because, to them, their life IS horrible. Even if their life isn't as bad as they say it is, they are just kids, and the part of their brain that deals with seeing things in perspective is not fully developed yet, and they are depressed.
It is true that emo kids are raised in families and households that are just as loving as those of non-emo kids, but most emos are, or have been, bullied at school, and don't have any friends to help buy them that hundreds of dollars worth of musical instruments to record songs about how awful their lives are. Essentially, they are lonely, depressed souls who have gone months, even years, without once feeling welcome.

This comment's message:
Emos act like depressed sad-sacks because that's the way they feel, and as kids, they know no other way to feel, and you don't need a negligent family to feel unwelcome.