Thursday, October 9, 2008

No eating allowed in lunch room!

Wow was I shocked today when I walked into the student lounge on the third floor of the music department at my college. There are signs hanging on the wall stating "no sleeping allowed in lunch room". First off, I'd like to say that though this is the lunch room it is more so a student lounge thanks to the computers and such. I don't understand just why it is that we're not allowed to take a minute to get some shuteye during our down time.

I pay 16,000 dollars a SEMESTER to go to this place, so why is it that they think they can dictate what I do during my free time between classes? Maybe I've had a full day of class followed by a full night of work the previous day and I didn't get much sleep. Maybe I had a lot of homework to do and I had to stay up late to finish it all and make sure I did a great job on all of it. Whatever the circumstance, I feel that I should be able to do whatever publicly appropriate act I please in the student lounge that I pay for.

The main thing that irritates me is that there's nothing they can do about it besides wake us up. They can't write us up or kick us out the building so what's the point of waking us up just to ensure we're not sleeping in the lounge?

I can understand not sleeping in here during lunch time when it's crowded and there are many students trying to eat here, but the rule is otherwise very unnecessary bullcrap.

No comments: